While your hair is fine or thick, dry or oily. First complicated thing is determining your hair type. You can learn how to know that you are having dry hair, normal hair or oily hair.
- 1 Reasons by which your hair will be Oily
- 2 Pay Attention to your Food
- 3 Go for Right Shampoo
- 4 Avoid Blow Dryer
- 5 Nutritional Supplements and Vitamins
- 6 Try to Wash your Hair Less than 4 Times a Week
- 7 Leave the Habit of Touching your Hair
- 8 Use Natural Masks & Take Care of your Hair
Mostly, Inactive oil glands lead to dry hair. And if you have dry skin, 90% chances are that you have dry hair which has split ends and excessive breakage and loss.
If you are having normal hair today? you are lucky! Healthy, shiny and with Proper pH hair come in conjunction with this type of hair. Normal hair is the most uncommon hair type. You should take regularly necessary precautions to protect hair from damage and to clean it. So, you will never face any troubles with your normal hair. Normal hair has minimum dandruff and hair loss as compared to dry and oily hair.
If you have oily skin, chances are that you have oily hair. Oily skin results in an oily scalp and oily scalp means oily hair. This will happen due to excess secretion of oil. Oily hair looks lifeless and dull and excess of oil secretion leads to hair fall and dandruff.
Reasons by which your hair will be Oily
- Greasy hair can be caused by many reasons, specific one of these causes are explained below:
- Hair that are normal and without genetic predisposition towards greasiness, if they are treated with the wrong hair product. You will get oily hair.
- When you don’t clean your hair regularly and consistently, in results there will be a build-up of toxins and other substances in your hair which can make your hair oily.
- Genetic predisposition towards greasy scalp that migrates through the hair.
- When you have oily hair routines which include an excess of scrubbing during shampooing your hair and giving too many washes.
- Products that are cheap with excessive chemicals can make your hair oily.
- The increase of hormones during puberty are often the main cause of oily hair.
Now, don’t you want to get rid of oily hair? Follow these simple steps to get rid of your greasy hair.
Pay Attention to your Food
Got greasy hair? Your diet or what you eat might be the cause of your oily hair. If you get proper nutrition, with the help of it, you can quickly get rid of oily hair.
- Eat plenty of foods that are rich in Vitamin B. In Vitamin B especially, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B2 which will help you combat oily hair by regulating the sebum production.
- Watch out for fats, because a high dietary fat increases oil in the skin and can make your hair oily too. However, it is necessary not to completely eliminate all fats from your diet. Fatty acids that are essentials should be eaten, such as fats found in nuts, fatty fish, and seeds. They are very necessary for a properly functioning body. And for healthy hair, drink enough water and leave alcohol.
Go for Right Shampoo
Taking care of the hair is not going to work unless you find the right shampoo that is only for oily or greasy hair. Most effective shampoos in the market include sulfates that are infamous in some circles for the damage they can cause. If the shampoo you are using swings your hair too far in the damaged direction, you should go for a salute-free product. Products that advertise added shine, AVOID THEM. That shine is added by oily ingredients.
Avoid Blow Dryer
You should consider not using a blow dryer if want to get rid of oily hair.
Here is why?
Because your forehead is an oily skin zone, your hair can absorb the oils from your skin. Clipping them off your face and let them dry naturally is better than blow drying them. And if you need to style your hair, consider using a hair straightening brush instead of a blow dryer.
Nutritional Supplements and Vitamins
Already told you, that foods rich in vitamins can get you rid of oily hair. For Vitamin B2 and B6, sunflower seeds are a great source and red meat, beans, fish and poultry too.
You should also take supplements that include Vitamins D and A. These will help limit sebum production. To ensure you do not overdo the amount, it’s important to check in with your doctorbefore supplementing with Vitamin A and D or before beginning a supplementation regimen.
Try to Wash your Hair Less than 4 Times a Week
Try to wash your hair less than 4 times a week. Because over washing them irritates the hair follicle and it increases the production of oil in hair. The more you wash them, the more you are stripping the hair of its natural oils. Scalp reacts by producing more and you will be stuck in a never ending cycle. Wash your hair less often especially if it is extra-curly. When you wash them for not more than 4 times a week, the oils produced in your hair will decrease.
Leave the Habit of Touching your Hair
You need to lease the habit of playing with your hair because this will make things only worse! Your fingers have natural oils and can hold grease too from food. You are just spreading that oil or grease in your hair by touching them with your fingers. Tight ponytails may cause your hair to pull from the scalp and damage the follicle in the process.
Use Natural Masks & Take Care of your Hair
Without hair imagine yourself!
You should take care of your hair very much. Keep them neat and tidy so they can get rid of oil or grease. There is also a way to make sure you take good care of your hair is by using an egg yolk hair mask, which has a high sulfur content. That sulfur content can help relieve oily hair symptoms and dandruff. And also contains lecithin and protein, which will help you to strengthen your hair and will provide a softer and shinier appearance.
- Mix the olive oil into egg yolk or you can mix tea tree oil or honey to the egg yolk and apply it to dry hair.
- Leave your hair for 5-20 Minutes.
- Thoroughly wash them.
You can apply a clay hair mask too. Find a clay sold as a beauty product and mix it with water to form a paste, that paste will be half-solid half-liquid. You can work in small sections, coat slightly your damp hair with the clay. Now, cover it in a plastic wrap or plastic bag and rinse out after 2-30 Minutes. You can try bentonite clay or rhassoul clay.